Notifying organisations and companies
Your insurance company, bank, newspaper, phone provider…. All these companies and organisations will need to change your address in their databases. It will take up a lot of time to write to them personally. There is also the very real possibility you may forget to write one of the companies, which will result in not receiving the TV-guide in your mailbox for example. With the online removal service of PostNL you can select all organisations and companies that need to be notified of your new address. They will automatically receive your new address. Mind you: some companies will send their mail using a different mail delivery company, such as SANDD. You can write to these companies yourself. Or you can use an online removal service that can arrange for removal notifications to all companies in the Netherlands, such as Verhuisvriend.
Your mail will move with you with PostNL
If you have forgotten a company, there is no need to worry! There is still no need for you to miss any mail. With the forwarding service of PostNL you can receive all your mail at your new address. Then you can notify that particular company once you know they have not yet received a notification of your removal. You can choose the amount of time your post will be forwarded to you yourself: 2 weeks, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months. Even when you move abroad, you can have your mail forwarded to you. The price is obviously higher in this case. You can arrange for this service on the website of PostNL.
Tips for the removal of your mail
Do you want to make sure you will not miss any mail on your new address? Please read the following tips:
- Send your notification of the new address on time: a minimum of one month prior to moving. This will give the companies time enough to change their database. If you manage to notify all companies and organisations at least six weeks in advance, it may not even be necessary to have your mail forwarded.
- While notifying companies and organisations using an online removal service, your client number / registration number is often needed. Keep this information at hand.
- The forwarding service of PostNL is based on your last name. If someone else is moving with you who has a different last name, you will need an additional forwarding service (and payment).
- If someone with the same last name remains at the old address, your post will not be forwarded.
- Mail delivered by SANDD is not forwarded by PostNL. SANDD has its own forwarding service. Their prices are high though.
- Registered mail or mail from abroad will not be forwarded by PostNL.
All prices are subject to change. For more recent information you can look here:
https://www.postnl.nl/ontvangen/doorsturen-en-bewaren/verhuisservice/ (Dutch website)